Mass and Reception Honoring the Gifts of Persons with Disabilities
NCPD co-sponsored a Mass and Reception Honoring the Gifts of Persons with Disabilities, the Deaf Community, Family, Friends and Caregivers at the Shrine of St. John Neumann on Thursday, September 24, 2015 which was during the World Meeting of Families. This beautiful Mass was concelebrated by
- Most Rev. Kevin C. Rhoades, Bishop of Fort Wayne-South Bend
- Most Rev. Frank J. Dewane, Bishop of Venice, FL
- Most Rev. Anthony Taylor, Bishop of Little Rock, AR
The homily was delivered in sign language by Rev. Michael Depcik, OSFS
One friend of NCPD remarked it was the most beautiful Mass they had ever seen.
For more pictures click below.
Thanks to all who co-hosted this wonderful Mass especially Sr. Kathleen Schipani, IHM, who did so much to bring it all together!
- The National Catholic Office for the Deaf
- International Catholic Deaf Association, US
- Oﬃce for Persons with Disabilities & the Deaf Apostolate, Archdiocese of Philadelphia
We also wish to express our gratitude to Our Sunday Visitor who graciously sponsored the reception that followed the Mass.